Pre- Purchase Inspections are performed prior to purchasing a home and we will inspect items that are important to know or have fixed prior to closing. This list can be used to help have the items negotiated and / or repaired prior to closing on the home. We will provide pictures and narrative text with a main report including all items inspected and a summary page that will list all the defects needing immediate repairs. Discuss these items with the inspector, your professional realtor or lawyer to help you determine what items can or will be corrected. Please attempt to stop by for at least a short time during the inspection so you have a good understanding of any significant problems that need to be addressed.
When we inspect the home, we will look at the systems that make up the building such as:
- Structural elements ( foundation walls, roof framing, floor framing, etc.).
- Exterior Components ( exterior wallcoverings / siding, fascias, trim, soffits, driveways, walkways, general drainage in relationship to the house, exterior painting and caulking, etc.).
- Garages ( attached and detached -- extra charge for detached --, garage doors, openers, safety controls, reverse mechanisms, weather-stripping, door sweeps, etc.).
- Roofing ( type, materials, flashings, gutters and downspouts, conditions, etc.).
- Plumbing systems ( Water lines, Waste discharge lines, bathrooms, washer and dryer connections, leaks, water heaters, etc.)
- HVAC Systems ( heating and air conditioning units including furnaces, fireplaces, compressor units, air handling units, refrigerant lines, ductwork, condensation tubes, etc.).
- Electrical systems ( GFCI's, arc fault detectors, CO detectors, smoke detectors, main services, electrical panel boxes, breakers, shut offs, ceiling fans, lights and receptacles, wiring, etc.).
- Ventilation and Insulation ( kitchen exhaust fans, bathroom exhaust fans, crawl vents and moisture barrier, attic and crawl space insulation, etc.).
- Interior Components ( windows, doors, walls, ceilings, cabinets and countertops, staircases and handrails, attic components, etc.)
- Kitchen Appliances ( dishwasher, oven, range, disposal, trash compactors, etc.).
For additional inspection information check website nclhia.com